Phys106 Queens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnetism and Induction Formal Lab Experimental Curve

3 posters

Go down

Magnetism and Induction Formal Lab Experimental Curve Empty Re: Magnetism and Induction Formal Lab Experimental Curve

Post by MattChequers Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:50 pm

the equation for the distance should have a derivation in your textbook. I'm not familiar with the exact text you are using, but it is a usual first year exercise. Again, you don't have to derive it in this lab it persay, but you should describe how the equation can be found. i.e. a couple of lines so that your lab doesn't simply read "the equation is this...".

MattChequers

Back to top Go down

Magnetism and Induction Formal Lab Experimental Curve Empty Re: Magnetism and Induction Formal Lab Experimental Curve

Post by Jacques Thibault Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:23 pm

For the equation of the theoretical curve for the angle dependance we can explain where the equation came from. But what do we say for the other equation relating distance and the field strength since we were just given it?

Jacques Thibault

Back to top Go down

Post by MattChequers Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 pm

It would probably be a good idea to talk about it a little, however, you don't need to derive the magnetic field equation for it.

MattChequers

Back to top Go down

Magnetism and Induction Formal Lab Experimental Curve Empty Magnetism and Induction Formal Lab Experimental Curve

Post by Goldwin Stewart Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi,
Just wondering if we needed to explain where the theoretical curve came from. I'm not sure if that's outside of the scope of this exercise or not.
Much thanks,
Goldwin

Goldwin Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down