Phys106 Queens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnetism and Induction Lab - plotting the theoretical curve

2 posters

Go down

Magnetism and Induction Lab - plotting the theoretical curve Empty Re: Magnetism and Induction Lab - plotting the theoretical curve

Post by MattChequers Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:35 pm

yes, that is what you could do. I don't think there is a way in excel to just plot a function. You will have to have an "x" value column where you enter in increments in the x value. Make sure the increments are small enough that when you plot the curve you get something smooth. Then you can make a "y" value column where you enter in the formula (using the corresponding "x" value) and "fill" the formula down the column. I think this is what you meant... if not then... you could do it this way... or post again and I can answer back!

Also, make sure the "points" are turned off and you connect the points with lines to get a smooth curve.

MattChequers

Back to top Go down

Magnetism and Induction Lab - plotting the theoretical curve Empty Magnetism and Induction Lab - plotting the theoretical curve

Post by lferrie Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:08 pm

For question 2b) we have to plot the theortical curve b(x) using excel, how do you plot a function using excel?
Would we just calculate all the values using the function and then graph that?
Thanks!

lferrie

Back to top Go down